More Historic Theatres, Los Angeles - 31 MAR 2010

In doing my research on downtown Los Angeles Theatre District, I realized there were a couple of theatres I missed, so Rob and I took another trip downtown to capture the missing images.

Pantages Theatre - 410 W 6th Street, when it opened in 1920 it was the second Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles. In 1929 it became the Warner Bros Downtown Theatre. The gemstone replaced the WB shield when it became the Jewelry Center in 1988. 

Metropolitan Theatres ran for 12 years as the Warrens.

Look closely in the center and you can still see the word WARNER:
I revisited the Globe to get a shot from across the street.
Also took a few more shots of the Tower and its' clock.
I like this faded signage on the side of the Tower Theatre:
Got another shot of the Orpheum without the America's Got Talent audience lines blocking the front:
United Artists - 933 S Broadway, open in December of 1927 with Mary Pickfords' silent film My Best Girl.
I had to stand at the back of the parking lot across the street to get the entire 14-story office building. Note the UA marquee in the bottom left corner of the building.
This is another building with great three-dimensional statues.
Each one of the pillars has a different image:
Went back to get a full view of the Arcade (Pantages)...
...then I noticed the eagle detail.
Stopped again at the Cameo to check out the full-front view and was pleased to see the 1910 building detail that matches the public domain drawing.