Falcon 9, San Pedro, CA - 19 JAN 2017

While walking the dogs, Todd noticed a very tall crane sitting on the warehouse docks. I told him I saw police lights on that street the night before. So, we had to take a closer look to find out what all the activity was about.
It was a space rocket launcher recovered from the ocean. We went back the next day to get pics.
I'm using Todd's images because my disc crashed when I was downloading. The "Falcon 9" launch vehicle arrived on the 17th (the day I first saw police lights).
Manufactured by SpaceX, it is designed to be reusable.
Per their website: "SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft. The company was founded in 2002 to revolutionize space technology, with the ultimate goal of enabling people to live on other planets. 

The Port LA, put out a nice 30 second video on it: