Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden, Springfield, MA – MAY 2013

Located on the Quadrangle green between Springfield Museums and the Springfield Library, its impressive name  suggested a much larger display.
Room by Room
They have a sapling sculpture by Patrick Dougherty, that you can walk through.
I've been to his "Tower of Twig's" at the Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens, but "Room by Room" is his largest work.
The sculptor, Lark Grey Dimond-Cates, was a step-daughter of Dr. Seuss.
Foot of Desk
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born in Springfield, MA, the grandson of German immigrants. 
He graduated in 1917 from Springfield Central High School.
He met his future wife, in college and never completed his Doctor of Philosophy in English literature, yet his works speak volumes on the subject.
That looks like a reindog, to me...and I should know, I shot my first reindog in 1989: Reindogs
Yertle the Turtle
They had my favorite Dr. Seuss book at the gift shop:
I still have my copy from college…
I created a drinking game around trying to read it out loud as fast as you can…
...if you make a mistake, you take a shot and pass the book to the next person.
I was the only one who could finish the game.