Old Fort MacArthur Days - 2004, 2006

Each July, Fort MacArthur Museum hosts "the west's largest continually running re-enactment and living history timeline event." I found some photos I took before I started this blog:
 
It showcases military activity from around the world across all time lines.
I have seen everything including cave men, but they may have been costume visitors.
The largest contingent being the Civil War and WWII.
 I didn't know Pirates are considered military.
There are re-enactments of specific battles, including the firing of cannons.
The Roman Empire and those they conquered.
I like trying to capture images without modern backgrounds.

I read they are cutting way back this year from two days to one plus limiting displays to US units from 1900s and eliminating battle re-enactments and enemy combatants in costume. No more American Revolutionary War or Civil War uniforms or weaponry. Doesn't sound like much fun.
 
Below are links to previous entries:
Old FM Days - 2014
Old FM Days - 2015 Which inspired:
Women of the Civil War
Old FM Days - 2009 (love Iwo Jima shots)
I've also documented the batteries: FM Museum - 2018 and the K-9 cemetery FM Museum - 2009