Washington DC - 05 JUN 2010

I took the metro into Washington DC from Alexandria, VA to see the New York Avenue Sculpture Project outside the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The first phase, features four monumental sculptures by French-born artist Niki de Saint Phalle (1930-2002). Her glass mosaic figures were delightful; they were bright, colorful, and entertaining, at a distance or close-up.








I was not prepared for summer weather in DC, hot and humid...I found it painful and exhausting just walking four blocks. I went over to the National Portrait Gallery expecting to see the new Norman Rockwell exhibit but found I was a month too early. After scanning several rooms I sat on a bench and enjoyed watching people interacting with this landscape.
Tinky Winky also liked contemplating nature.
Love this winged beauty:
I tried making it to another museum but found myself defeated by the weather. By 2:30 I was back in my hotel room enjoying movies on HD TV with air-conditioning.