Missed Adventure - 24 MAY 2011

I had lunch with some co-workers and told them I was going to head over to New Salem after class to check out the pioneer village where Lincoln worked as a young man. Jason and Jim decided they wanted to join me. I put the GPS co-ordinates into my navigation system and this is what we found:So we all got out of the car and took pictures of the empty farm land saying, "Lincoln slept here" and pointing to the vacant field. I pulled out my notebook and doubled checked the numbers...I was right...they had the wrong information on the website...next time I'll make sure I've also got a snail mail address.We did find this coal power plant.We then drove to the next major town and found the Jacksonville East Cemetery: It was small but had three different chair monuments.
The Turners have an interesting lawn ornament.