Topanga Banjo Fiddle Contest, CA - 17 MAY 2009

Today we spent the day at the Topanga Banjo & Fiddle Contest held each year at the Paramount Range in Agoura Hills. (TopangaBanjoFiddle.org)

In the morning we were volunteer photographers, I covered the beginning musicians...

  ...while Todd covered the traditional singing stage.
Then we got to spend the afternoon, listening to the advanced players/singers and some professional guest artists.
 
I made the mistake of letting Tinky Winky try his hand at banjo playing. She must have really found her passion because shortly thereafter, he disappeared. Yes, the very sad news is TW has run off with some flat picking, banjo strumming, blue-grass player.

I looked high and low, but he was nowhere to be found (at least not in the lost & found). One of the young players at the festival said: "I told my dad, 'When I grow up, I want to be a Musician.' and he said, 'Well, I am sorry my son, you can't have it both ways.'" Guess this sounds like the right life for a Teletubby stuck on earth. Farewell my friend, I'll miss you...hope you have a wonderful journey.