Great New England Wings and Wheels – 25 AUG 2013

It was another serendipitous adventure day for me. I went looking of a certain restaurant to have Sunday brunch and took a wrong turn that put me on the Pike (Mass Turnpike). Taking the first exit I found this:
Muffler Man Turned White Abraham Lincoln
While having lunch I overheard part of a conversation, “…it’s more like some old guys who collect planes.” Turns out, the Great New England Wings and Wheels event was taking place and it was literally around the corner. There were only about a dozen planes, lots of food trailers and live entertainment...but I missed the cars.
Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
"The Jacky C"
Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
North American AT-6D
Cessna 175 Skylark
American Clipper M20F
Douglas C-47B (Second Chance)
P-51D Mustang
Miss Hap is the oldest example of the Mitchell bomber left in existence.
PT-23A-HO Cornell
Vought F4U Corsair
North American T6 "Texan"