Stuttgart, Germany – 20 MAR 2011

Checked into the hotel to find this greeting: Found this interesting sign in the bathroom:
Tinky Winky now wants to ride every bull he finds: Drove over to the Installation to find my classroom and found this around the corner:
The next day I went out looking for a cemetery, but the two GPS locations I had just dumped me in town. I spotted a large high wall and was sure there was a cemetery behind it...but this is what I finally found after trying three times to get around the wall: Decided to walk over to have a closer look: It was a Natural History Museum. Around the corner I found this:
It must be gorgeous when everything is in bloom. The two spots on her right thigh are finger tips...so her hand must have been on her thigh.
And there's a copy of Venus de Milo:
Out front was a (non-working) fountain with this 'girlfriends' statuary...which was lovely from any angle:
I gave up on the cemeteries and decided to check out the Sunday Brunch at the hotel...when leaving the park, I found this Adler sign:
Went up to the Executive Lounge to print out a file and re-discovered the joys of trying to use a German keyboard:
It took me forever to find the @ which is under the Q and requires using the alt key. I now understood why my German students have trouble finding the * which is not above the 8 on this keyboard. Notice the Z & Y are reversed.
Above: Tinky Winky finds some like-minded friends at the German Cantina.
I checked out the large mall around the corner from the hotel...looked like a US mall except all the brands and store names were different. Above is the children's section of a hair salon. Below is a toy store that had small rubber Tinky Winkys.
The week is almost over, I'm heading home...TW and I wave good-bye to Germany.